Date:      Thu, 4 May 2000 14:30:46 +0100
From:      J McKitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Michel Talon <michel@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
Cc:        stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: parallel port zip

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 09:43:01AM +0200, Michel Talon wrote:
> On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 05:30:58PM +0100, J McKitrick wrote:
> > Has any progress been made on the parallel port zip problem?
> >

> -there is no support at all for ECP and the driver did not work on my laptop
> in ECP mode.

Well, my laptop only supports ECP and std bi-directional.  Neither one works
as it stands under 4.0.  My zip drive is very important.  In fact, the only
reason i kept a windows partition around was for the zip drive.  I removed
in completely when i got my BIOS working correctly with the driver under
3.4.  It was just a matter of tweaking the flags.

Now i am back to no zip at all.

> The code evolves at microscopic speed. In one word, i fear that N. Souchu
> is no more interested in making his driver really working. Moreover he has
> introduced a complicated structure in his code, so it is difficult to
> recognize anything from the Linux driver i have, which is much simpler.
> So i have left the situation as is, for me.

This is very sad.  If no one has any intentions to fix it, i will have to
reinstall 3.4 soon.

jm