Date:      Wed, 8 Aug 2001 10:43:30 +0200
From:      Jens Trzaska <j_trzaska@gmx.net>
To:        Evilicey <jovens@foonix.foonet.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Promise Fasttrak 100 tx2 (Revision 2)

Hi!

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 11:06:25PM -0400, Evilicey wrote:
> Okay my  question is.. i have 2 simalar machines
> and im having problems on one. Whats happening is the raid controller is
> working on one, and don't seem to be dectected on the other, both have the
> same kernel config.
>
> 	Both are using a Abit KT7A M/B with the onboard fasttrak 100 Raid
> controller the only difference is the working one is a Promise fasttrak
> 100 controller and the new box is a promise fasttrak 100 tx2 (Revision 2).
>
> 	How would i found out if the revision 2 card is supported or not?
> or does anyone have any helpful tips/hints?

A friend had similar problems. The problem seems to be the bios on
the promise controllers. If you use 2 of them in one mashine the
bios is only loaded by the first controller and it normally detects
harddisks on all controllers. But that doesn't work if you mix the
old with the new tx2. I think you have to look for bios updates on
the controllers or talk to the promise support.

Regards, Jens Trzaska