Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:26:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      Jesus Rodriguez <jesusr@worldonline.es>
To:        Adrian Urquhart <adrian@devnet-uk.net>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD, PHP4 + Oracle

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Adrian Urquhart wrote:

> Hi
>
> As far as I could find out, the main problem is that FreeBSD doesn't
> have Java support, which is required to run (at least, install) Oracle
> and there is no Oracle port for FBSD. There have been reports of people
> using Linux emulation to install Oracle, but I'm not sure how successful
> they were, or how difficult it is. In our case we weren't using PHP, but
> wanted to compile DBD::Oracle for running on a FBSD box. In this case,
> there had to be enough of Oracle installed to be able to run the ProC
> compiler. We gave up and set up a Linux machine for the job.

Thanks for the answer but i think i have not explained clearly what i
want :)

I have Oracle on Solaris boxes, so no problem for that. What i need is getting
PHP4 compiled with OCI8 support on FreeBSD for make queries from those php
applications on FreeBSD boxes to the Oracles in the Solaris boxes.

I know i need to install the Oracle client libraries on FreeBSD for compiling
PHP4 with OCI8 and i've seen a lot of problems with people trying to do this and
i have not been able to find a clear answer or solution... that's why my
question.

Thanks.

> Things may have changed since then (about 4 months ago). If there is a
> solution, I'd like to hear it too.
>
> HTH
>
> Adrian Urquhart
> devnet (uk) ltd.
>
> Jesus Rodriguez wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've been trying to find some reference to know if is possible to
> > have php4 compiled with oci8 (oracle) support but i can't find
> > any real and definitive answer.
> >
> > Is it possible?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > JesusR.

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-isp" in the body of the message

Saludos
JesusR.