Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2000 15:00:05 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        goodleaf@goodleaf.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel NICs, new card features supported?

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 09:39:20PM +0000, goodleaf@goodleaf.net wrote:
> The newest Intel nics have some interesting looking features, like onboard
> encryption. How well are these supported in the fxp device? How about the
> dual-port nic? Does this work in FBSD 4.1.1? (If so, any special rules on
> its use, or does it just show as fxp0 and fxp1?)

Crypto is not supported, and from what I've heard (here and on the
OpenBSD website) it's not going to be.  Intel won't give out docs
without an NDA which makes it's rather hard to write a FreeBSD driver.
The dual port card should work.  BSDi sells them and I believe they are
basicaly a PCI-PCI bridge with two NICs on it.

-- Brooks