Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2001 06:40:41 +0100 (CET)
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@citeweb.net>
To:        parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
Cc:        f-doc <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: any open pr on 'make clean' failure in www?

parv wrote:
> is there any pr open which shows the following error message
> when 'make clean' is run in www?
>
>  make clean
> ===> en
> /bin/rm -f Errs errs mklog applications.html auditors.html availability.html docs.html features.html register.html internet.html mailto.html publish.html relnotes.html send-pr.html support.html where.html y2kbug.html   index.html FAQ handbook
> rm: FAQ: is a directory
> rm: handbook: is a directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /source/contribute/www/en.
> *** Error code 1
>
> i hadn't have any problems before. just experienced after last cvsup
> around 2001.11.03.14.08.51. i recently cleaned my mail, now i 'm not
> sure if anybody already had this problem. bad timing.

I have this too if `make obj' has not been done before.

in fact, FAQ and handbook directories should be killed
from CVS so the symlinks could be created (then killed).
they are not currently created since their respective
directories exists and the targets don't complain for
the same reason (try `make FAQ handbook' and see).

it is safe to clean them since they are not referenced
anymore in the Makefile as directoties (no SUBDIR+= FAQ
handbook).

Cyrille.
--
Cyrille Lefevre                 mailto:clefevre@citeweb.net