Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 20:06:07 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Ilya Obshadko <ilya@zhurnal.ru>
To:        "Alok K. Dhir" <adhir@forumone.com>
Cc:        Juriy Goloveshkin <j@avias.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Re[2]: mysql problems after upgrading to 3.2-stable

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Alok K. Dhir wrote:

> Can you send these patches through?

Available at

 ftp://ftp.pcnet.com/users/eischen/FreeBSD/uthread.tgz
 ftp://ftp.pcnet.com/users/eischen/FreeBSD/uthread_diffs.gz

(BIG THANKS to author).

> Also - on a related topic, what is the benefit of building mysql with the system
> thread library in libc_r versus using mit-pthreads?

I could not build mysql with mit-pthreads on FreeBSD 3.x. On the other
hand, I suppose that built-in system threads are faster than third-party
ones.

#-- email: ilya@zhurnal.ru, ilya24@chat.ru -----------------#