Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 11:50:48 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: moving some mail.

In message <199510250836.JAA22840@keltia.freenix.fr> you write:
>Usenet  can make it more   then twenty...

Using INN and nntplink, I have seen propogation times of 100ms per article,
making 20 hops 2 seconds.  That's dealable =)

The USENET paradigm can also make things much better for the overloaded EU<>US
link; one (or two or three) copy flows and gets redistributed on the other
side, instead of the email copy-per-subscriber...

This whole one-fanout-point thing is the problem (and it's clear that jmb
recognizes that).  I'm simply suggesting that adding on another single fanout
point may not be the best solution.

  Bill