Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 08:20:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        "Hector A. Dominguez" <domingha@earthlink.net>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: help w/ e-mal attachments

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Hector A. Dominguez wrote:

> I am working with a stand alone (non-network connected) '486 PC loaded
> with FreeBSD v2.2.2.
>
> I received on my personal PC a collection of /gz files attached to an
> e-mail message. I have Win'95 and outlook in my personal PC. Now my
> question:  Is there any software utility that would allow me to copy
> the files from the e-mail attachment and install them in the FreeBSD
> PC??  Any recomendations ?

First you should save the attachments to a file in windows. I recommend
putting the files in the c:\ directory for simplicity later in the
procedure. Now that you have the attachments in a file in windows you
don't need to worry about email anymore.

You still have to get these files over to the BSD side of your system.

You don't need a special program to move these files to BSD. You already
have everything you need.

Boot into FreeBSD
Mount your DOS partition
Copy files from the dos partition to BSD
Unmount your DOS partition

Have fun,	 | Stop warning me about the latest virus. Learn more...
Jason Wells	 | http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html