Date:      Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:26:27 +0100
From:      Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mot de passe root

cpghost@cordula.ws writes:

> Well, not *fully* localized, since the commands were still the usual
> bunch of 'ls' 'cp', 'mv' etc... (is that really English? ;-)), but
> everthing else, including error messages and man pages were in german.
> That was really weird looking, yet cute.

Localizing software destabilizes it; localized versions always contain
more bugs (often very hard-to-find bugs) than original versions.

If I speak the language of the original authors of a software product, I
always use the product in its original language.  Localized versions are
a constant source of trouble.  Even Windows, which makes special
provisions for localization, is still far more bug-prone in non-English
versions, and I always try to install U.S.-English versions if I can get
them.

--
Anthony