Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2007 04:30:18 -0600
From:      Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
To:        Nico -telmich- Schottelius <nico-freebsd-scsi@schottelius.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hangs with Adaptec 29320

Nico -telmich- Schottelius wrote:
> Hello Andrea,
>
> Andrea Venturoli [Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 12:31:18AM +0200]:
>> Scott Long wrote:

>> Not really, but I stopped experiencing this king of panics. At least, I
>> stopped experiencing them so often.
>> This seemed to happen after I upgraded to the latest 6.2 patchset,
>> enabled DDB, DEBUG_LOCKS, DEBUG_VFS_LOCKS, DIAGNOSTIC, and so on.
>> Lots of LOR and other strangeitudes will show up, but they seem to be
>> mostly harmless.
>
> Ok, will try that, too. Though this will be only possible on our
> secondary machine.

Turning on every debugging option under the sun to slow the system to a
crawl is probably not a very good strategy.  As I said in a previous
mail, if you are having problems with the ahd driver, please contact the
ahd driver maintainer directly.

> I've had a look into src/sys/dev/aac/* and it looks like there are
> no changes since freebsd-6.2-release.

I still have no idea why you are associating the aac driver with the
39320 hardware.

Scott