Date:      Wed, 6 May 2009 14:04:49 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Gabe <nrml@att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu@freebsd.org>, Scott Ullrich <sullrich@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: IPSEC NAT traversal

On Wed, 6 May 2009, Gabe wrote:

Hi,

I had been travelling yesterday, ... here is the summary for today:

> So how is it coming along?

It's compiling; it's on might notebook since last night as well. It
hasn't crashed yet. I haven't tested IPsec yet either though;)
That'll probably happen the next days. Need to build a custom
ipsec-tools port first.

> Is the goal to standardize this and commit it to become a permanent
> part of freebsd? I've got a total of three machines with this patch
> and would reeeeally like it if it were.

Stadardize as in between everyone is not going to work. Different
people have already adopted different APIs but trying to be as
compatible with netbsd/linux sounds like a plan. OS X is different,
unfortunately.

Having it in FreeBSD 8.x is definitively on the schedule.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                      The greatest risk is not taking one.