Date:      12 Mar 2003 11:01:10 +0100
From:      CARTER Anthony <a.carter@cordis.lu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        david@realityrift.com
Subject:   Re: agp stuff

Is your problem with sound or video?

If sound, then you need to recompile your Kernel as such:

mkdir /root/kernels
cp /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC /root/kernels/MYKERNEL
ln -s /root/kernels/MYKERNEL /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/MYKERNEL

now edit the /root/MYKERNEL and at the end add:

options		pcm
options		sbc	(this one is for some on-Motherboard sound)

Now, for your Nvidia problem, there is a quick solution for you, add:

options		VESA

And select VESA for your card in the XFree86 Config setup. This will get
you to a stage in which you can at least run X in a decent usable
resolution. Now for the compile:

cd /usr/src
make buildworld		(build kernel may need to rely on this)
make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL

Hope this helps,

Anthony Carter