Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 21:16:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        a disembodied voice emerging from the chaos of reality <cjc26@cornell.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux install

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, a disembodied voice emerging from the chaos of reality wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
> | I figured Linux is probably more friendly,
>
> I think FreeBSD and Linux are about equally hard to use.
> You could've put KDE and Gnome and all that crap on a FreeBSD box, and
> your friend wouldn't have known the difference. :)

Do you want an example?  Try installing ppp, Linux versus FreeBSD ...
jeeze what a difference!  If you have problems in usermode ppp on
FreeBSD, go into the term, do it manually, it *always* works, and take
the bugs out of your scripts *after* you're online.

Heck, Linux doesn't even *have* usermode ppp ... anyone that can prove
me wrong on that is extremely welcome to tell me I'm wrong, I can't find
it.  Linux's ppp is kernel mode, only.

Partitioning, that's another joy ... no, I won't go on here.

Chuck Robey                | Interests include any kind of voice or data
chuckr@mat.net             | communications topic, C programming, Unix and
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1 | carpentry.  It's all in the design!
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD/i386
(301) 220-2114             | jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD/Alpha