Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2001 00:09:05 -0600
From:      "Joesh Juphland" <part_lion@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   channel dead and FAST playback using pcm0 with 4.4-RELEASE

My goal is to play a mp3 file on my toshiba libretto 100ct.

System was working fine, then I recompiled the kernel with this line added
to config:

device pcm0 at isa? port 0x530 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0xc100

Everything came up ok...so then I tried it out:

`mpg123 my_mpeg_file.mp3`

- I got several errors like this:

pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

and, although I heard NO audio output (I know the speaker works because I
hear the pccard beeps on boot) I watched the timer counter in mpg123, and it
was running at about 2x realtime.

Any help appreciated.

--joesh