Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 1996 18:28:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ben <adept@cep.yale.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   CDROM and BNC on T701 (fwd)

Ok.  Got the PC Card alpha test running on the latest SNAP release (SNAP
060696).

Well, at least I think I do.  The system recognizes the cards and
configures them, but I cant seem to get either of them to work.  So I'd
appreciate any help that could be given.

3Com 3C589B:

I'm trying to run this in BNC mode.  However, when I insert the card the
system tells me that it is running in UTP mode via a line that says:

Jul  5 15:06:03  130 /kernel: ep0:  utp/bnc[*UTP*] address 00:20:af:8d:3b:66

Now I've tried using 3c589cfg.exe from 3Com's Configurator disk that came
with the adaptor to force it into BNC mode, but it seems that no matter
what I do, the adapter wants to be in BNC mode

New Media Bus Toastr:

I've got this attached to a Reno CD-ROM drive and I can't seem to get it to
work:

Card inserted, slot 1
aic 0 waiting for scsi devices to settle
(aic0:6:0): "MEDIAVIS RENO CD-ROMx@A 2.03" type 5 removable SCSI 2
cd0(aic0:6:0): CD-ROM
cd0(aic0:6:0): UNIT ATTENTION asc:28,0
cd0(aic0:6:0): Not ready to ready transition, medium may have changed
cd present [400000 x 2048 byte records]
(aic0:6:1): "MEDIAVIS RENO CD-ROMx@A 2.03" type 5 removable SCSI 2

and the cycle repeats with the third integer in the tuple incrementing by 1.

Anybody got any ideas or have either of these things running?

Thanks!
Ben.
____
"Si ce que dit Proust est vrai, a savoir que le bonheur est l'absence de
passion, alors je ne connaitrai jamais, le bonheur.  Car je suis habite
par la passion de la connaissance, de l'experience et de la creation."
				--Anias Nin