Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 2015 23:58:57 +0300
From:      Maxim V Filimonov <che@bein.link>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD and two different networks

Dear All,

I have a FreeBSD machine at work. It's mostly connected to the so-called
"internal" network that has a static ip: let it be 172.16.1.113/12. The
default gateway for that network is 172.16.1.1.
Sometimes, I need to connect this machine to another network that uses DHCP.
Its network mask differs: it's 192.168.1.0/24. The second network uses DHCP.

The question is: can I set both of the default gateways (skip DHCP: I can
configure the interface for the "external" network manually) in some way? Can
I set up some kind of a daemon that checks whether one of my gateways is
accessible and forwards all of the traffic through that gateway? Thank you
very much in advance.
--
wbr, Maxim Filimonov <che@bein.link>