Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 1997 16:33:37 -0700
From:      "Shin'ichiro Seto/OTESS, Inc." <sseto@otess.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Difference between 2.2.2 and 2.1.7

 Hi!

I'm new to FreeBSD and trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.2 on a SBC system.

SBC stands for Single Board Computer that is used for industrial systems.
It has everything on a half size board, IDE, VGA, serial ports, and so on.
I'm actually building a small server for our site.

If I boot from floppy that is rawited with Walnut CD-ROM 2.2.2, It'll say
crc error when the process is doing uncompress. But if I use 2.1.7, it will
 be ok and up and running.

The other OS, Linux or Windows95 are also fine for the PC.

Is there anyone who has any ideas?
Don't say "The floppy media it self is BAD".  I've tried that over 10 times.

Thanks,

| Shin'ichiro Seto, System Engineer | E-Mail:     sseto@OTESS.COM      |
| Open TEchnology SolutionS, Inc.   | URL:        http://www.otess.com |
| 23272 Mill Creek Dr. Suite 220    | Tel:        714-951-6600 ext105  |
| Laguna Hills, CA 92653            | Fax:        714-951-6700         |
|      ***** Your Door to the Solutions *****          OTESS, Inc.     |