Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 1995 07:50:22 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@altona.hamburg.com (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: APM resume not rx'd with 3Com589C in PCMCIA slot

>From the keyboard of HOSOKAWA Tatsumi:

> or, .....
[...]
> Somebody reported on Japanese newsgroup about FreeBSD that zp hangs up
> on some machines when APM driver is configured.  Following patch
> solves this problem.
>
> --- pcicx.c.orig	Tue Oct 31 18:28:00 1995
> +++ pcicx.c	Sat Nov 18 18:22:06 1995
[...]

I applied the patch you mentioned before i did anything else but it did NOT
solve the problem!

Also, from the above description i read, that zp hanged. This was not the
problem in my case since zp never hanged; instead the whole machine froze
after a suspend operation.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis           hm@altona.hamburg.com              Hamburg, Europe