Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:58:38 +0100
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        Scott Gregory <sgregory@crosslink.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Name server returning in-addr.apra

At 11.43 25/01/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I am in the process of redoing our name server and am getting the
>following when I ask for an IP resolution:
>Server:  dallas.our.network.com.16.10.10.in-addr.arpa
>Address:  10.10.16.33
(...)
>I am not sure what is causing this to happen.  Any help would be
>appreciated. Below is an excerpt from the forward and reverse mapping
>files.

  Try to place a dot after the names in your reverse file.

  I mean, for example:

1     IN     PTR     box1.our.network.com.

  instead of

1     IN     PTR     box1.our.network.com

---

  Stefano Riva
  Software Engineer - Systems Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl
  Phone +39-027528400, Fax +39-027528451
  Email sriva@alice.it