Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 12:49:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joakim Ryden <jo@ForumOne.Com>
To:        Jonathan Defries <jonathan@corpex.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Password problems

Well.. if you've been messing with the yp* binaries make
sure none of them are running still - if none of them are
running I think we can rule out NIS as the problem maker and
then I have no idea. :-)

Joakim

Today at 5:40pm Jonathan Defries suggested:

=>My rc.conf says:
=>
=>nis_server_enable="NO"
=>nis_client_enable="NO"
=>
=>Is this all I need to ensure it is not running?
=>
=> - Jonathan
=>
=>>
=>>  Make sure you don't have NIS enabled..
=>>
=>>  Joakim
=>>
=>>  Today at 5:34pm owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG suggested:
=>>
=>>  =>Hi,
=>>  =>
=>>  =>I have a problem with password on 3.5-STABLE.
=>>  =>
=>>  =>If I run the passwd command, it takes nearly a minute to be prompted
=>>  =>for the password. Could anyone suggest what to look for to try and
=>>  =>solve this please?
=>>  =>
=>>  =>
=>>  =>    Jonathan
=>
=>

|Joakim Ryden                                  |
|jo@forumone.com                               |
|http://www.forumone.com/consult               |
|"Communicate, collaborate, change the world." |