Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 2019 15:07:56 +0200
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@nethead.se>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thunderbird 68 oddities

Since 68.0 Thunderbird does not work as smooth as before here.

FreeBSD 11.3-STABLE #0 r351126, ports updated today

With default port options:

- It takes MUCH longer before displaying a message, but this is folder
dependent. Some takes up approx one minute
- Some messages are not marked as read after displaying them
- Some attachments are not accessible, "Save As" is greyed and the
following message pops up: "Would you like to subscribe to Other
Users//Other Users/" + "OK / Cancel". I think this is limited to folders
that are NOT synced locally.

With minimal port options (OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS and SNDIO)

- Faster and only the attachment problem remains as far as I can tell.

On my laptop also running 11.3 but Thunderbird on 60.6_2 none of the
above happens, same accounts, same IMAP server and default port options.

I made a lame attempt to build 60.8 but that ended with an error in skia.

Is there some way I can revert and build 60.8? I use TB extensively on
this workstation so the problems are really irritating.

Or, I could test any suggested fixes of course.

Thanks,

//per