Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 21:23:06 -0800
From:      Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold <patron1@paganlibrary.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSup Errors

I recenly setup a router and before i call the cable company, I want to s=
et=20
it up with my current dial-up connection.

The router is an SMC Barricade with a Creative Labs Modemblaster connecte=
d.=20
This same modem used to be connected directly to my FreeBSD 4.4-R box.

CVSup is version 16.1_3.

CVSup runs for about 10 minutes and then:

--28/11 21:10--
~->sudo daily.sh
Password:
Script started, output file is /tmp/update.log
Parsing supfile "/usr/local/bin/supfile-ports"
Connecting to cvsup7.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup7.FreeBSD.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1e
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
 Edit ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk
  Add delta 1.394 2001.11.28.05.00.36 lioux
 Edit ports/archivers/parchive/files/Makefile
  Add delta 1.2 2001.11.28.13.35.29 jedgar
 Edit ports/archivers/parchive/pkg-plist
  Add delta 1.2 2001.11.28.13.35.51 jedgar
TreeList failed: Network write failure: Connection timed out
Will retry at 21:25:29

This happens with both cvsup7 and cvsup8. Help! Before I switched the mod=
em=20
to the router everything worked perfectly. Mail, FTP, web, etc all work=20
beautifully. Just not cvsup.

--=20

Everybody is equal here. It's just some people are more equal than others=
=2E

Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold
http://www.paganlibrary.com