Date:      Wed, 08 Oct 1997 02:40:08 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
Subject:   Re: group assignments from make world.

> I'm thinking that were giving misleading signals to folks, Jordan.  With
> one hand we're making it easier than ever to run current (WC publishes
> snaps) and the documentation really isn't scary enough, in warning about
> the problems involved with being a current user.

I don't mind folks running -current, really, I just don't want to have
to play paramedic every time they cut themselves on a sharp edge.

It's really not so much a matter of:

> It just seems that FreeBSD's attitude about current users could be
> construed as being a little schizophrenic (closer -- closer -- closer --
> GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY!)

So much as "closer -- closer -- closer -- OK, now everybody just sit
down and shut up - I don't want to hear a peep out of this class
unless it's to offer a constructive suggestion or to note that the
building is burning down and no fire alarms seem to be going off!" :-)

					Jordan