Date:      Sun, 9 Mar 2014 15:15:09 +0400
From:      Roman Bogorodskiy <novel@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bhyve + OpenStack

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

  Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 6:42 PM, Marc Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone started lookign into this?  FreeBSD + bhyve would,
>=20
> Semihalf is doing work Openstack in FreeBSD.  See:
> http://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-2013-10-2013-12.html#FreeBSD-Ho=
st-Support-for-OpenStack-and-OpenContrail
>=20
> Roman Bogorodskiy <novel@freebsd.org> is working on libvirt and FreeBSD.
> However, his initial focus has been on QEMU, not bhyve
> See:
> http://empt1e.blogspot.hu/2013/11/running-qemu-vms-on-freebsd.html
>=20
> Yes, a lot of people would like to see Openstack + FreeBSD + BHyve.

Hi,

Actually, I'm working on the bhyve driver for libvirt as well. libvirt
1.2.2 released this March includes initial support for the bhyve driver.
It's in a basic state so far though.

OpenStack upstream prefers to see new hypervisor driver support through
libvirt, so once libvirt bhyve driver would be suitable for that, I'm
going to work in that direction.

Roman Bogorodskiy

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L--