Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 1995 11:48:34 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   New 322-SNAP boot floppy availible

A boot and cpio floppy offering the aic7xxx driver patches availible in
FreeBSD current is now availible as:

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/FreeBSD/2.0-950322-SNAP/floppies/newer/boot.flp.gz
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/FreeBSD/2.0-950322-SNAP/floppies/newer/cpio.flp

This fixes numerous problems with the 294x support under FreeBSD, allows 294x
adaptors to share irqs with other PCI devices (multiple 294x adaptors on the
same irq is supported), and disables the tagged queuing support by default.
Until I get some more periferals in my hands to better test the tagged queuing
stuff, the tagged queuing code will only be enabled by building a kernel with
"option AHC_TAGENABLE".  When I get a little more time, there will be a kernel
boot time flag for this feature.

I encourage anyone having problems with these adaptors to test out the new
floppy and send your success/failure stories to me.
__
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1
  Cory | Po | Danube | Volga | Parker | Torus