Date:      Mon, 09 Nov 1998 22:47:35 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        gfm@mira.net (Graham Menhennitt)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-CURRENT: Adaptec 1540 not detected (with workaround)

In message <36499e6e.16635120@mira.net> Graham Menhennitt writes:
: I'll do a bit more investigaing and try to come up with something a bit
: more robust.

I've fixed a number of minor bugs in the detection of aha 154x cards
since 3.0 was released.  I've committed these patches to the tree.
You might want to hold off on anything too elabertate until just
commits his fixes to the tree for the aha/bt problem of not all I/O
ports probe currectly.  They seem to work for me fairly well on the
cards I've set to the non-default addresses.

Also, the aha-154x rev A will not work with CAM at this point in
time.  It doesn't support residuals at all, and would be kinda hard to
get working.  Given that I didn't have a card in hand, I punted on it.

The tests that distinquish the aha from the bt should catch this
correctly, please drop me a line if they do not.

Warner

P.S.  I mised the first part of this thread, or I would have replied
before now....