Date:      Sun, 15 Sep 2002 11:30:15 +0200
From:      Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <nick@garage.freebsd.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing process informations.

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 05:01:57AM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> Hello hackers...
>
> When I want change process real or effective uid in kld module
> I got functions change_ruid() and change_euid().
> I need change many others informations about process.
> Correct me if I'm wrong:
[...]

I'm not sure if that works as you expected. Have you taken care of
credential sharing? I have once written a program to change the uid/euid
of a running process (see
ftp://ftp.42.org/pub/B/presto/presto-1.3.tar.gz), but due to credential
sharing, this will sometimes effect more than one process of the same
user (usually a vi started from a shell will inherit the same
credentials for example)

CU,
    Sec
--
If architects built buildings like programmers build programs,
the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO--