Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 00:44:33 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/20794: Request 2 good documents under people.freebsd.or

Right,

I think I've finished marking up those two documents.

The originals can be found on :
http://people.freebsd.org/~nsayer/bdg-ipfw.txt
http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/pxe

My versions in Docbook, together with their HTML counterparts, can be found on :
http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/~andrew/docproj/

The "Filtering Bridges" one hasn't changed since I last asked the list for
comments, so I really want you to look at the "PXE Installs" document.

I've got serveral issues with it at present :
1) I need to find a publication date for the original document (will contact
author)
2) What do you think of the introduction? I didn't really know what to put in
there.
3) There's a bit of an 'advert' in the first section, where the author says he
could be contacted to quote on a project to write a netboot system for someone
who wants to pay. Do we normally allow this sort of thing?
4) There are some links to download files (which I still have to get URLs for)
at present the files live on people.freebsd.org/~alfred should they stay there
or is there a more permanent home for things like this on ftp.freebsd.org?
5) What is the appropriate way to markup comments alongside commands that the
user is to type in? I just left it inside the <screen> tag, but could that
confuse the user? Unfortunately the standard '#' symbol for comments is also
the root prompt. :-(
6) Overall how do you find the layout of the article. I certainly found this
one more difficult to markup, getting all the indentation right with all those
7) Oh, and how should the 'terminology' section be marked up? I threw a table
around it, but I don't think it looks right.

Right, that's it.

All comments and suggestions please!
---
Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>