Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:59:04 -0300
From:      "Nicolas Gieczewski" <foo@bar.org>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Empty cacerts file installed by jdk-1.4.2p5 port caused sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C3BE43.75A7BFC0

Hello,

I was successfully running an SSL-enabled application on the Linux =
version of JDK 1.4 on FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE, and decided to go native. When =
I built the native JDK and ran my app on it, I got the following =
exception when it attempted to open an SSL connection to a host the =
Linux JDK had never had trouble connecting to:

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

After some research, I tracked down the problem to the =
jre/lib/security/cacerts file installed by the jdk-1.4.2p5 port: it was =
only 32 bytes in size and contained no certificates. I copied the =
cacerts file from the Linux JDK's directory and that fixed the problem.

Is this a known issue? Or am I the only human being in the world to ever =
have this problem? I have attached the cacerts file installed by the =
port.

Please reply to the list only, for my supplied address is fake.

Thanks,
Nick

---
MSN2Go - Web-based MSN Messenger client
http://www.msn2go.com/

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C3BE43.75A7BFC0

/u3+7QAAAAIAAAAA4mhuRftD36TZkt1BzrayHGMw15I=

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C3BE43.75A7BFC0--