Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:08:36 +0200
From:      "Peter J. Blok" <Peter.Blok@inter.NL.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   DVD drive stopped working in recent STABLE

Hi,

I was wondering if others had the same problem too.

I have cvsup'ed to 4.5-STABLE this weekend. From that moment on my DVD drive
fails with a MODE_SENSE_BIG failed - command timeout. The bus is reset, but
when i try to reach the device it is unconfigured. It worked with stable of a
month ago.

I have cvsup'ed the latest atapi fixes, but it is still not working. I have
opened up a PR kern/36610.

I have disabled DMA to run with PIO, but that doesn't help either. It doesn't
make sense because MODE_SENSE_BIG is already there in 4.5-RELEASE.

Any idea's? Am i the only one?

Peter