Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 13:10:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        eivind@yes.no, rivers@dignus.com
Cc:        eivind@FreeBSD.ORG, Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, michaelh@cet.co.jp
Subject:   Re: DIAGNOSTICS and DEBUG LOGGING (was Re: cvs commit: src/sys/conf options)

> On Tue, Feb 10, 1998 at 10:59:38AM -0500, Thomas David Rivers wrote:
> >  One quick comment - ANSI C reserves names which begin with an
> > underscore followed by a capital letter.  It's possible (albeit
> > unlikely) that a future C compiler would warn, or produce errors
> > for these.    Just an observation.
>
> Isn't the point that these are in the implementation namespace and reserved
> for operating system use?

 Umm... I don't think it's for operating system's use; but for C library
use... a subtle difference; which is likely moot for implementing an
operating system (since you likely won't be using the C library.)

 However, some compilers complain about the definition of such macros.

 It's simply a pedantic issue - I wouldn't consider it too heavily in
any decisions.