Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 21:44:57 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sourcing local file from /etc/rc.firewall not working

To suck in my own local ipfw rules, I added the following lines at
the end of /etc/rc.firewall:

if [ -f /etc/rc.firewall.local ]; then
        . /etc/rc.firewall.local
fi

The file /etc/rc.firewall.local consists simply of a series of lines
in the form of:

/sbin/ipfw add deny log all from some-ip:255.255.255.255 to any

What's puzzling is that these lines are not being executed at boot
time, even though they work if I do ". /etc/rc.firewall" from the
command line.

Any ideas why?  Is there a better way to do this?

E-Mail: Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>