Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 01:27:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        lcremean@tidalwave.net
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Call for help on UDMA on Acer chipsets...

>From personal experiances with Acer i'd avoid them like the f'ing plague

Took 2 tech support people over a week of daily contact before i bit the
bullet and manually guessed as to what jumpers where what on a
motherboard.

One other time i needed jumper info, it only took 3 days of emailing
back and forth to get the sheets.

After asking why it's not on thier site i was told "it's not something we
want the customer to mess with."

Anyone familiar with the legal ramifications of having a site up that has
anti-testimonials about companies, I have quite a few on my sh*tlist and
email corrispondance with these companies to show why.  I'm quite sure
stuff like that falls under "fair use" no?

Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's FreeBSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/                        3.0-current