Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 10:27:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: de0 problem 2.2-STABLE

Hi Doug,

Nice to see you back answering all these questions again...:)

I was mistaken in saying that the link can be brought back up; it stays
dead...

> The link detection is new; I know of many instances I've pulled out my
> 21040 and the computer never knew the difference. :)  I suspect you could
> root around in the de code and figure out where it does that and disable
> it.

What are the downsides to this?  I'd think it would be better to have the
link seen as up when it really isn't as opposed to down if it's really
up...  Do you have any further pointers on how to change this behaviour?

Thanks,

Charles