Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:32:33 +0200
From:      Frank Nobis <fn@radio-do.de>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>, Yuri Gindin <yuri@xpert.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: preventing MSP3400C resets on Hauppauge cards

Hello Roger,

On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 11:52:18AM +0100, Roger Hardiman wrote:
> Yuir and Multimedia's
>
> I have put together a new bt848 driver where you can prevent the reset
> of the
> MSP3400 stereo audio chip.
>
> The driver currently supports 3410/3415 audio chips but not the original
> 3400C chip.
>
> You can get audio on the old 3400C chips by
> a) booting Windows, running the Hauppauge Windows software
> b) doing a soft reboot into FreeBSD. The MSP3400C chip retains it
> settings.

What about the way we did it the last weeks ?

You made an options HAUPPAUGE_MSP_RESET, which toggled a GPIO line
to reset the msp3400c chip. This way it had worked in all kinds of
soft/hard/cold boots for me without ever booting W95 since then.

Nevetheless I will give it a try this evening :-)

Frank

--
 Frank Nobis                            Email: PGP AVAILABLE
 Landgrafenstr. 130                     dg3dcn   http://www.radio-do.de/~fn/