Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 1995 23:57:56 +0100
From:      Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
To:        Alan Danker <thought@teleport.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pci bus ethernet cards

In message <199508242238.PAA18612@desiree.teleport.com>, Alan Danker writes:
>I am putting together a P-90 based system and am planning to run freeBSD on
>it.  I downloaded your "Supported Configurations" document, and none of the
>ethernet cards listed has a PCI bus version (that's what my hardware man
>says).  What PCI bus ethernet cards does freeBSD support?  That is my big
>question.

There is (at least) one listed - the DEC DC21040/DC21140 based
cards. Depending on what you want to connect to (10b2, 10bT, 100bTX),
there are cards available, although I couldn't quote part numbers apart
from the SMC 9332 which is a 10bT/100bTX card.

>Also, if I follow your "supported configurations", do you know of any
>problems I will run into or any areas of concern I will have upon installing
>and configuring freeBSD?

If you give a list of what hardware you intend to run, we could give a
more definate answer...

Gary