Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 1996 23:27:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sup is broken?

On Mon, 5 Feb 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Huh?  You should not point your sup collections at an active
> directory.  We made this mistake on freefall for a long time,
> regretted it all the way, and *finally* switched over to having our
> checked-out current and stable trees pristine.  You definitely don't
> want either of them pointing at the same place your /usr/src points!
> /usr/src should be private to the machine hosting the sup server.

	Okay, let me reword the question, since you kinda answer it...

	If I sup to /usr/sup, how do I get those sources to /usr/src
so that I can compile?  I've tried a straight "sup", but it tells me
that its the same machine.  ... oh, found the answer i was looking for,
I think.

	I want to use 'sup -l' for this? Just to confirm that this is
in fact how its to be done?

> > 	Hmmm, this might answer my one question...if I sup CVS instead
> > of -current/-ports, I'll get what, exactly? -current/-stable/-ports/??
>
> Right.

	Great...now where did I put all that extra disk space :(

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc