Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:45:15 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@inch.com>
To:        "Pat Lynch" <lynch@bsdunix.net>, "spork" <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSd Chat list" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD users in NY/NJ

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:11:23 -0400 (EDT), Pat Lynch wrote:

>Speaking of which, who is actually interested in getting together from the
>NYC/NJ area? I tried this once before, for the Users Group...I'd like to
>have another meeting soon, but I want to drum up as many users as
>possible. -Pat

I tried once to find people and only found one other person in the
NY/NJ area using FreeBSD.

Perhaps we should put up a web site and try to get names for a month or
two till we have a reasonable group. Alternatively we could start with
just a handfull of people (at least 4) and try to organize a FreeBSD
user's group.

I honestly don't know why it is so hard to find other FreeBSD users in
the NY/NJ area.
Heck we could make it BSD in case we find some NetBSD or OpenBSD users.

If someone gives me space in their server I could start working in a
NY/NJ user group site.
In a month or two after I have become a junior sysadmin<G> I would not
mind putting it in my lowly 200k SDSL... but for now till I have the
basics down I am not going to put anything there.