Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 1996 10:59:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        michaelh@cet.co.jp (Michael Hancock)
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Union mounts and other mounts

> Terry, are you out there?
>
> Please upload your mega patches.  I'm sure someone will take a look and
> maybe we can at least start with getting the locks fixed.

I want to consider including Terry's stuff.  Even though I do filesystem
hacking from time to time, I think that we need to get agreement from
other's (on the team) on the changes.  The changes have significant
architectural implications.

At least, in certain areas, Terry is on the right track...  We need to
get consensus on the changes.  The last batch of changes don't fix all
of the problems, and Jeffery Hsu's stuff should be reviewed and appropriately
included also.  I actually think that we are stagnating in this area a "little
bit."  But again, I don't feel qualified to make wholesale changes in that
(the VFS) section of the kernel, without agreement from others...  Anybody
have any ideas on this impasse?

John