Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 1997 12:10:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Brann <jbrann@panix.com>
To:        mailist@whoweb.com
Cc:        dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linksys Ether16 LAN Card support?

> On Wed Jan  8 07:13:03 1997 Doug White wrote:
> >>On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Mailist PostOffice wrote:
> >
> >> Subject: Does FreeBSD support NE2000 compatable Ether16 LAN card?

[SNIP]

I have a couple of these cards.  At least I think they're the same - very
cheap, right?

Mine run just fine with the 'ed' driver.  As I recall (I'm not at my
machines right now) there is a jumper which can be used to switch off
PnP.

The IRQ/memory address can then be set using the config disk which comes
with the card.  (If you have a DOS boot floppy handy...)

I think the default setting for the card is IRQ 3 and memory
0x300-0x31f.  This clashes with sio1, so you'll need to reconfigure if
you have serial ports.  You might try booting with -c, disabling sio1
and setting ed0 to the above values to see if it works..

Regards,

John
--
Beavis and Butt-Head; Vladimir and Estragon for the '90s

finger jbrann@panix.com for PGP public key