Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 12:02:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Proposal for the CPU interrupt API

:And if you would actually read all of the post and keep up to date with the
:code so that you weren't telling us to do what we are already doing it would be
:more helpful, too.  Honestly, Matt, you're sort of reminding me of Terry here.
:
:>                                               -Matt
:
:
:John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/

    Again, my only issue here is documentation.  *You* and the other people
    *currently* working on SMPng might know how it works, but take a good
    hard look at the actual documentation in the source code.  There is none.
    Zilch.  Zero.  Not one single line describing the API anywhere.  I don't
    see any comments near the function source, I don't see any man-9 pages.
    Nothing.

    So how do you expect people coming onto the project to know how to use
    these functions?  Do they have to learn the hard way, by coding it wrong,
    breaking the tree, and then being told what it is?  Do they have to guess?

    Compare that against, say, the documentation of the VM system that I
    started working on two years ago.  Look at vm_page_insert(), for example.

						-Matt