Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 1995 14:54:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dhawk@netcom.com (David H)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [1] How to Use DES? [2] Max. Num. of Users?

[question 1 - how to find/install/use DES?]
OK, a followup question from yesterdays about converting the Linux
file. Everyone agreed I should use DES. How do I do that? I
looked through the FAQ and the files in /usr/share and grep'ed
for DES and found a mention of scrdist or the secure package,
but they don't appear to be on my CD-ROM (the 2.0.5 from WC).
I ftp'd into Neosoft and looked through ports and distributions
but all I found (after up and down and around) was a file called
des.aa so hopefully I'm making progress, no?

[question 2 - how many max. users?]
I even generated a new kernel, but it wasn't an option in there
either, as far as I could tell. But I did notice it wouldn't let
me set users greater than 64 -- is that the most I can have logged
in at once? We currently have 20 or so logged in at once and we're
not even open for business yet.

Thanks!

later, david
--
David Hawkins    dhawk@netcom.com
"I like trees because they seem more resigned to the way they have