Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2001 18:47:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, glenngombert@onebox.com
Subject:   Re: Configuring 3Com 3C589 on Dell Insprion 5000e

>Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 17:13:51 -0700
>From: "Glenn Gombert" <glenngombert@onebox.com>

> I have a Dell Inspiron 5000e that I want to configure with a 3Com 589
>pcmcia eithernet card. Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to put
>into the kernal config file to support this card on my Dell Laptop??

According to /etc/defaults/pccard/conf, that card uses the "ep" driver,
so:

device	ep

should do nicely, either in 4.4-STABLE or 5.0-CURRENT.

(My laptop is similar to an i5000e, and I use a D-Link DFE-650 in it
when I use wired Ethernet; it uses the same "ep" driver, and the above
is the line I use in both my -STABLE & -CURRENT kernel configs.)

Cheers,
david
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product.