Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 12:06:08 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
To:        Peter van Heusden <pvh@leftside.wcape.school.za>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: EXA 8200 tape drive on FreeBSD?

 > So, its a slightly different model, maybe with an older firmware
 > (are firmware upgrades possible on these drives?) However, since it is a
 > similar model, I was wondering what you do to use a tape. The tape I'm
 > trying to use is an Exabyte 112m tape, and as I said before, I tried a 'mt
 > erase' before using the tape.

Take a safe bet and use a 90m tape before anything else. I know that
160m tapes are aproblem in anything before the 8505XL drives and after
that they were still not very reliable.

The update of the EPROM involves opening it up and being able to burn an
EPROM.

I'll send you the web page of exabyte separately:

	http://www.exabyte.com/suppserv/techsupp/8mm/fullhigh/
Nick

--
building: 27A
address:  STA-ISIS, T.P.270, Joint Research Centre, 21020 Ispra, Italy