Date:      Sun, 20 Jun 1999 19:11:09 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: video cd in freebsd-current

NemoX wrote in list.freebsd-multimedia:
 > I am using mpegtv to play the mpeg,  however when i go to play a vcd,
 > it says invalid operation

I'm not sure what the problem is for you, but the following
works fine for me:  I use tosha to read the actual VCD tracks
and pipe them into MpegTV, like this:

   tosha -t 2- -o - | mtvp /dev/stdin

According to the docs, MpegTV is supposed to be able to read
the data itself from the VideoCD, but I guess that works under
Linux only (I didn't get it to work under FreeBSD, however, I
didn't try too hard).

However, tosha supports SCSI drives only (unless you manually
apply some patches), so you might have to use a different tool
if you have to use an IDE CD-ROM drive.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)