Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 16:08:11 -0500 (CDT)
From:      The Nordquists <nordquis@visi.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to Reenable Boot Manager?

I recently reinstalled the Other Operating System (ahem) that is
coresident on my system with FreeBSD 2.2-current.  That OS likes to
gratuitously remove any boot managers it finds.  Now I can only boot
FreeBSD if I set its partition Startable by hand, and then I have to
reset it again after I'm done.

I scoured the documentation and some of the /stand/sysinstall code, but
I couldn't find any references to how I replace the FreeBSD boot manager
without reinstalling FreeBSD.  Can someone help me out?

Please copy me on any responses, because I can't read the mailing list,
because I can't boot FreeBSD, because... ;-)

Thanks in advance!

Brent

--
The Nordquists