Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 1995 23:17:03 +0200
From:      mal@aristotle.algonet.se (Mats Lofkvist)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   What scsi disk to buy (Quantum capella or grand prix or other)

This really isn't a FreeBSD question (I will use it for FreeBSD though),
but there seem to be people with lots of experience on this list...

The capella 2 gig will cost me around $800 and the grand prix 4 gig around
$1100. (This is in Sweden.)

Are those disks temperature/cooling sensitive? I have a fujitsu 2694esa
1 gig now and it gets hot as hell on warm days. I would like to get a disk
I can mount in my midi tower box without frying it..

Besides that, reliability and performance are the main issues.
I don't really need 4 gig right now, but the price difference is to small
to care very much about. (2 gigs extra for $300 seems cheap even if you
don't need it :-)

Thanks,
      _
Mats Lofkvist