Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 01:19:23 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Erik_Paulsen_Sk=E5lerud?= <erik@pentadon.com>
To:        <ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DUMMYNET?

Good day. I'm not sure wether this belongs to freebsd-ipfw or
freebsd-questions, so I'll just try freebsd-ipfw. Feel free to move this if
it doesnt belong here.

I'm having difficulties finding out how dynamically share a wan link. We
have a ADSL-line (1024/256), wich 3 persons share. I want to be able to
share the link so that for example two users are downloading, they get
512kbit each. If 1 user is downloading, he gets 1024kbit. I know that TCP
Windows already does this, but isnt that just for each TCP session? I'd like
to get this managed by -all- traffic for each IP.

Any ideas/configuration examples?

Thanks in advance,
Erik.