Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 09:16:07 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HEADS UP missing? (was: Linux ldconfig halts the system)

On Sunday, 21 May 2000 at 12:28:22 +0200, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> Has anyone seen this ?
>
> After upgrading my laptop to the latest CURRENT (yesterday), everytime the
> system tries to run "/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig" as part of rc.i386, the
> kernel halts. Not a panic but a "normal" stop with the two messages 'Waiting
> (60 seconds) for bufdaemon to stop'.

Yes.  There was something in UPDATING about this, which I think is
worth a HEADS UP:

20000417:
	The method that we brand ELF binaries has changed to be more
	acceptible to the binutils maintainers.  You will need to
	rebrand your ELF binaries that aren't native.  One problem
	binary is the Linux ldconfig.  After your make world, but
	before you reboot, you'll neeed to issue:
		brandelf -t Linux /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig
	if you have Linux compatibility enabled on your machine.

> The ldconfig binary comes from linux_base-5.2 and has been brandelf'd Linux.
>
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  110368 May 21 12:18 ldconfig

Possibly before 17 April?

Greg