Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2006 23:16:46 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai "IOnut" Tetcu <itetcu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Christopher Boumenot <boumenot@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: port_history - track port commit message comments

--Sig_2Njg12w53vR.1aE0XIdYcP2

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:26:54 +0400
"Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 10/27/06, Christopher Boumenot <boumenot@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Every time I upgrade a port I am usually left wondering what
> > changed.
>=20
> Some other projects maintain special package-specific
> ChangeLog files. Maybe VCS logs is not the best place
> for documentation, because it's not as easily accessible
> as a flat file would be.
>=20
> Moreover, I think porters don't document the hacks they
> have to employ - just because there's nowhere to do that.

You all might want to take a look at what I do in
mail/dspam[-devel]/[Makefile|files/UPDATING]

--=20

It [being a Vulcan] means to adopt a philosophy, a way of life which
is logical and beneficial.  We cannot disregard that philosophy
merely for personal gain, no matter how important that gain might
		-- Spock, "Journey to Babel", stardate 3842.4